Temple Farmhouse Cubby
We built this unique farm style cubby house for our friends at Temple Farm House, a stunning Airbnb set on 75 acres in the hinterland hills of the Byron Bay Shire.
We have used a framed design with open skillion roof and barn sliding window to create a unique design that can be customised with different cladding materials and layouts to suit your space and budget. We built a floating raised spotted gum timber deck and installed the cubby walls directly onto the decking. It was then clad in a high-quality hardwood shiplap timber, and stained to match the house.
This is an open roof design which is perfect for all conditions if you want a light and breezy space, or we can also fill in the gaps with perspex.
Temple Farmhouse Cubby Sizes:
Standard: 2400 x 1500mm and approx 2400mm external height.
Large: 2400 x 1800mm and approx 2400mm external height.
Inclusions on the Temple Farmhouse Cubby:
- Fully framed walls and ceiling. Clad in sustainably sourced timbers in either pine or hardwood shiplap depending on selection.
- 2 window openings, one with authentic black barn window slider and closure.
- 1 door opening
- Corrugated iron roof with 2 panels of clear polycarbonate for additional light.
- Installed directly onto your existing decking or with a floor depending on selection.
PLEASE NOTE: if you are a kinder/school/public space, we fix the window slider to permanently open to comply with Australian Standards for play equipment in educational and commercial settings.
You have the option of keeping your cubby raw (or DIY painting/staining) or selecting those options if you would like us to take on that task! Paint/stain colour selections (if applicable) are discussed after purchase.
You can choose between hardwood (frame and shiplap timber) or pine, depending on your requirements and budget.
Delivery & Installation
Our products are SUPER easy to DIY! Your options for receiving your goods are:
- Pick up from our workshop in Melbourne (Bayswater) & live the DIY glory - choose option at checkout.
- Freight to your door - costs worked at out checkout.
- Freight to your door & installation by our team (choose installation below and freight costs worked out at checkout).
Steps to Purchase
- Tick painting/staining requirements if applicable.
- Select your cubby size from the drop-down.
- Select your timber from the drop-down.
- Check the installation box if you would like us to do it for you, freight will be worked out at the checkout based on your postcode
- Add any other complementary products such as furniture from our site and head to the cart to purchase. EASY!
Make your selections below (price will update up the top) and if you need any help or would like to discuss us building raised decking as shown in the images, please call us on 1300 505 278.